Friday, September 15, 2006


You'll notice everyone in Dupont Circle is facing the same direction. On my way home from work Monday I heard what sounded like a really loud back fire but turned out to be a gun shot. According to a VERY brief writeup, a dog charged the police officer who in return fired on the dog, killing it. Very, very disturbing.

I didn't see what happened before the officer fired at the dog, but as soon as I heard the gun discharge (within a couple seconds) I located the source and saw the rest. When I looked up the dog was jumping around and then writhing on the ground. It was really awful. Maybe one of the most disturbing things I've seen. I suppose that is a testimony to the sheltered life I've led, but that seems like little consulation. Posted by Picasa

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/11/AR2006091101440.html

3 comments:

Patti said...

Thanks for sharing! Really, that IS disturbing.

Grubesteak said...

Did it have a bomb?

Anonymous said...

NOT cool. Doesn't sound like the officer had good reason to shoot the dog. A misunderstanding perhaps, but an irreparable mistake. Daaaang, man…