Thursday, January 31, 2008

True Confessions

For the first time in my life I'm really, truely excited about a season premier. True, I was looking forward to the Season 2 premier of Project Runway, but that was nothing compared to how excited I am for Lost Season 4 to premier tonight.

There, I've confessed it and you can all judge me. Or not judge me. Whatever, I can feel myself NOT being judged right now.

In a somewhat redeeming turn of events, I went to the National Community Church annual retreat last weekend. It was the second time I've been to this particular event and it was great. I've posted some new pictures on my Flickr account, a couple taken from that weekend and many that weren't.

Head over and check out the new pictures.
-Flickr Account-

Mike

3 comments:

Danafesto said...

Hey Mike, thanks for the photos. I remember a post of yours a while back cautioning consumers about the pixel pitfalls of some cameras...and I couldn't help but notice how very lovely your holiday photos looked. Being in the market, I have a few questions. What camera were those taken with? Did you photoshop the warmth in, or is that just the result of a beautifully clean and well lit a-party-ment? Finally, I look forward to seeing you soon...

~mike said...

Ah, thanks for the wonderful compliment Dana. The "feel" of the photos is probably mostly due to the white balance. I try to select the proper white balance setting (sometimes auto, sometimes flash, incadescent, etc.) but the camera I now favor has an the ability to chose your white balance preset and then tweak up or down from the preset. Basically white balance is what makes your picture look a bit warm, a bit cool, or a bit freakish when everything looks blue because you're taking photos inside without flash but have your white balance set to flash still.

Photos were taken with my DSLR, a 6 megapixel DSLR with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. You can see all the details for any of those pictures by exploring the picture in Flickr, it keeps all the settings/details from your camera.

Grubesteak said...

Mike, Amy and I just got into LOST this year. In fact, we only started watching it from the first episodes about a month ago.

We got hooked. We're all caught up now.

That's right, we watched three seasons in about a month. That show is amazing. So, we hear what you're saying.