Tuesday, July 18, 2006

World Jump Day

I just wanted to share this link with everyone. You should all participate in this activity. By committing to a once in a lifetime event, a single jump (you jump up, you come down...done) you can improve all of the environmental alterations that many scientists claim are a result of our poor treatment of the globe. It’s a one time quick fix! How could it go wrong?

Seriously though, World Jump Day? As a joke it’s pretty funny. As a statement about our society it’s pretty telling. I don’t think that a single website will necessarily work to indict our whole culture, but I do think it is indicative of a people who are more concerned with covering symptoms than fixing a problem.

My only hope is that this is actually a marketing ploy on someone’s behalf to sell some T-shirts. From that perspective it’s genius. I’d buy one just as a funny statement about what I was saying above.

1 comment:

Amon said...

you should update your currently reading.