Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Photo For You

I decided to take some more photos in the series I'm tentatively titling, "On the Street Where You Live". The pictures below are from around my neighborhood one crisp fall evening. I had to put on a long sleeve shirt and the sweater to keep warm as I knelt down for minutes at a time crouching in front of the tripod, waiting for the right combination of traffic, clouds, and lighting. Then another 30 seconds for each as I cued a 2 second self timer (to minimize camera shake), waited for the 15 seconds of exposure, and another 10 seconds for the image to save.

I was pretty happy with the end results. I have "accidentally" captured photos as good as these before while doing night photography (long exposures), but up until now it's mostly been experimentation. The difference here was “intentionality”. Being able to set out with certain images in mind is, I feel, equal important as spontaneously recognizing a moment.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments: