Monday, January 15, 2007

Miscellaneous Musings...

I got to go on a West Wing tour Friday night. Thanks to Katherine. Katherine’s a wonderful person I met at the C.S. Lewis small group. She works at the White House as a switch board operator (is that the correct phraseology?). As we were going through security the radiation level jumped up, and we had to wait around for 5 or 10 minutes while the security personnel verified that nothing was going on, which was sort of creepy.

After going through security we got to see where all the “action” happens in the West Wing. This made me wish that I had watched that T.V. show more. Included in the tour we got to stand outside the Oval Office and look in, past a velvet rope, at the President’s office. The fact that I was on a tour of the West Wing of the White House, something that very few people get a chance to do, and even Katherine hadn’t been in the Oval Office made me realize just how cool it is that I got to work in their one day.

In completely different news, it is looking more and more like Amon and I are going to get married in DC instead of Michigan. We haven’t completely solidified plans yet, but things are “in the works”. You will all hopefully be getting save the date cards soon.

If you haven’t sent me your updated address recently, please do so that I can make sure and at least have the pleasure of sending you an announcement. I understand that traveling half way across the country to celebrate is difficult, but Amon and I are exploring alternatives.

Anyone up for 3 receptions/parties? We’re talking about having a SMALL wedding in DC, followed by a larger reception that day. After the honeymoon we would go to Michigan for a party/reception and Missouri (or Kansas) for a reception. This way, we could see you all and not everyone would have to fly out to DC.

Hope you all are doing well!
Mike

3 comments:

Grubesteak said...

When I was in college, a friend of mine was in a band called The Phuckerz. Yeah, that's right.

It was a punk band, and they were all about the cool current events, and Dr. Kevorikian (spelling? I don't care) was big at the time.

Anyway, they had this song called "Let's Go To Michigan."

The chorus went a little something like this:

Let's go to Michigan
Let's go to Michigan
Let's go to Michigan
And kill ourselves!


Pretty sweet, eh?

Patti said...

If you end up going with the 3 reception idea, is it ok if I rent a van and follow you guys around like a groupie? I think it would be fun to make t-shirts with your names on them. Maybe I could sell them. Hmmm.

Amy Bushatz said...

Boo I was actually looking forward to a Michigan trip. I havent been there in forever. But D.C. is acceptable as well ;-). Cant wait!