Friday, April 06, 2007

Night at Home

Willie Nelson's Greatest Hits, Cat Power's The Greatest, Carol King - records I listened to tonight, one side at a time, all the way though.

Sigh. This will be the longest I've gone without seeing Amon since we got engaged. She went to Michigan for two wedding showers this weekend. I couldn't take the time off work so I'm here in DC. Fortunately, Jen is out of town for the weekend which means I have the place to my self.

I decided to take advantage of this now rare down time by just being at my apartment. I came home from work and climbed in bed to watch an episode of Northern Exposure on my laptop while I snoozed a bit. After resting I got up and cooked coconut rissoto and chicken. I tried to make a spicy peanut butter sauce from scratch, with no recipe, but to no avail. Oh well, the chicken and rissoto were excellent. I used a stainless steel pan instead of non-stick for the chicken so that it would really brown, then deglazed the pan with a bit of cooking sherry and left over chicken stock from the rissoto. I let the deglazing liquid swirl around in the pan until the brown bits were all dissolved and the sherry had cooked off. Then I added this liquid to the rissoto and served with the chicken over the top. Ooooh so delicious.

Then I indulged in a bit of That 70's Show, which I just googled and found out that, yes, it is the definition of mindless entertainment. I use to enjoy it, and still do when in the right mood, but wansn't really hooked tonight. I decided my best bet was to start some laundry, listen to the other side of the Cat Power album, and head to bed.

Maybe I'll get a haircut tomorrow. Guys, have you ever gone to get your hair cut at a place where they wash your hair first (in the process massaging your scalp)? If not, then you should go sometime and you'll understand why women are willing to pay more for a haircut then men typically are. If you could put feeling that in a pill you'd be rich.

That is all. No more mindless self indulgent drivel for tonight. If you want more you have to read through my archives to find more.

In the mean time go check out directions for
how to deglaze a pan or maybe check out my friend patti's blog.

And last but not least, if you're still reading you're probably worthy to go see my
flickr photos. Meager fare so far, but you have to start somewhere.

No comments: