Saturday, October 22, 2005

Limited Time Only

I don't usually post about sports related items - mostly because I'm not a huge sports fan. However...

I came across a news story about I man who was inspired by the incomparable Larry Bird (who am I kidding, it's probably 50/50 that if you asked me who larry Bird was I'd say I think he hangs out with Oscar the Grouch and Elmo).

Apparently this guy is such a fan of Larry Bird he asked to have an extra 3 years added on to his sentence so he could have his sentence match the number on Larry Bird's jersey. Good thing he wasn't an Isaac Bruce fan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/10/20/prison.bird.ap/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is absolutely hilarious. People never cease to amaze me.

Alex said...

Good thing I'm such a fan of Gary Randall's JV Football days - #1.