Friday, December 09, 2005

Blessing and a Curse

So it’s a blessing and a curse living within walking distance to work. It was nice that with all the snow on the ground my only adjustment to commuting was wearing a pair of shoes better suited to the slush that occasionally covered the sidewalks. I didn’t see a single pileup on the sidewalk, or get caught behind a single snow plow. Indeed, traffic delays seemed isolated completely to the roads and affected the cars alone. Walking on the side walk I was exempt from all of that drama. I was slowed down by getting half way to work and realizing I had forgotten my cell phone however.

On the downside, I am currently the only one in my office and that includes people from the other company we share office space with. Sigh. Everyone else has yet to even get to work, and here I am. I admit I’m taking a 5 minute break to update the blog, but none the less – I’m here.

To end on the upside, I get to go to the Kennedy Center tonight to see the NPR Christmas Jazz Piano special. That should be terribly exciting. Good times.

2 comments:

Grubesteak said...

Kudos for making it to the office. Be sure you send an e-mail to someone offical so they know you were there - looks good on a performance review. :)

~mike said...

which I have on December 20th!