Monday, December 19, 2005

A Letter

Dear Lawrence,

I have missed you. The ways in which I’ve missed you are so difficult to press into the seemingly cold stamped steel molds that form the majority of my trite thoughts. How does one express the way they feel about the miles that separate them and the months that serve only to drive our paths apart?

The only redeeming quality to all of this distance and time is the edge it has given my nostalgia. When I think back to our shared experiences and all your amazing traits I’m thrown head long into a bitter storm of longing and expectancy for our rapidly approaching reconciliation.

I’ll be there to meet you on Thursday afternoon, December 22nd. We’ll have until December 23rd to embrace each other’s presence before fate cruelly forces us our separate ways once again. Oh how I long to see your magnificient plains and your enticing hills. Your tall proud trees make me want, if only once again, to climb to the tops and see for miles. How I long to stand on the cusp of your look-out and peer at your treasures. You seem so close Lawrence. So close.

With much love and many expectations,

Michael Colburn

7 comments:

~mike said...

So, uhm...translation - I'll be in Lawrence from thursday afternoon till Friday evening. yeah.

Oh, and I just had to type jeepjh to post this. How fun. Jeep!

Patti said...

I'm picturing the sunbear climbing a tree. Ahh.

Grubesteak said...

Yay! Sunbear cometh home to Lawrence! We look forward to seeing you here!

To answer your question, Alex is leaving Tuesday morning to head to Baxter!

I've gone crazy with the exclamation points!

~mike said...

"I'm a little intimidated"...as well you should be!!!

Seriously though. I'm very much looking forward to seeing whomever may be in town still. Anyone going to be free for dinner Thursday evening? I'm thinking Cheddar Ale soup at Freestate? Call me because I might not remember to call all of you :( Sorry!

Anonymous said...

oh man! i finally got to your blog!
that was some serious song of solomon wording there...good times!
hope you're well, and have a good christmas

this is clinton, by the way...i'm not sure if it will tell you that automatically

~mike said...

Ahhh! Someone got that. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mike, I'm sorry I missed you! I hope you had a glorious time in this wonderful city of the midwest. I'm about to go to the dark room now--aren't you proud of me? Yippee!