Monday, December 05, 2005

Hippy in the Work Force

Jobs Hippies should not be allowed to hold:
-Phamaceutical Research - I just don't trust hippies with all those drugs, and think of all the new drugs they might invent. Hmmm, actually - who better to head up programs than hippies. If the FDA wouldn't let them test it on others, they'd probably test on themselves. They certainly wouldn't do animal testing.
-Zookeeper - I know hippies really like animals, but I don't want them freeing any lions into my neighborhood. You know they'd do it too.
-Policeman - I like the idea of having a police officer who is a hippy if I'm being pulled over, but that's about the ending point of where it seems like a good idea. They wouldn't enforce the laws, and instead of confiscating drugs they found they'd just sit down in a cirlce and just smoke it, THEN think about how many cups of coffee and donuts they'd go through. Not good.
-Pirate - Hippies are too peace loving to be good pirates. They wouldn't have the cruelty necessary to instil fear in the hearts of other sea-goers.
-Brain Surgeon - I don't know all the studies, but I don't think I want someone cutting on my brain who just sat down with a couple janiotrs and the anestesteologist and smoked a dime sack.

Jobs Hippies should be encouraged to hold:
-Trash person - Love the planet? Great, why don't you haul the trash off my drive way to make it a cleaner lawn.
-Pharmaceutical Research - Based on my conclussions above I've added this to the enourage list.
-Lawyer - Might make the profession a little bit more laidback and less like a bunch of sharks.
-Meter Maid- I'm not entirely certain what the masculine form of Meter maid is (meter Butler), but if hippies were doing this job, I bet a lot fewer people would owe the city money.

Thoughts or comments?

5 comments:

Alex said...

Thank God somebody else said. I've been lobbying against the extremely slow advance of the long-hair nation for sometime now. And you're right, despite their locks, hippies should never be pirates.

Anonymous said...

Good point about the pirates. On a related note, hippies certainly can't be ninjas either -- no flipping out and killing people.

~mike said...

ooh. Good call. If forgot about Ninja's. That's usually the LAST mistake anyone makes while living.

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I would like to hear your comments on Hippies entering the profession of space exploration. If you are a American Hippie Astronaut or if the hippie in question really believes in communal living Cosmonaut. Any thoughts?

~mike said...

I'm sort of confused by the question...HOWEVER:

Regardless of what the question was intending to ask, my thoughts on Hippies in space are that they should not be in space. Think about it, all that hair and those beards, I just can't imagine that would be good combined with the need for cleanliness in space.

Plus I think that recent studies have show that jamb band music in space has resulted in a significant reduction in the earth's Ozone.