Friday, February 11, 2005

2:30am

That is what time you have to get up if you live in LaPlata, MD and want to catch the DeltaShuttle to New York's, Laguardia airport. I should clarify that 2:30am is the time you have to get up if you want to get the 6:30am shuttle. Unfortunately, the 6:30am shuttle is the one that you would HAVE to take if you were trying to be at the "Union League Club 38 East 37th Street Please make sure you dress appropriately; men must wear jackets and ties" promptly at 8:15am. I know this because that is what I had to do today.

2:30am. Yes, the time of the morning (evening!) that many a college student is just going to bed at if they don't have classes the following day (fri.). So I was needless to say not happy about having to get up that time, but in the end it was worth it. This time. I think.

So yes, I worked from the NY office today (which is in fact where I'm typing this from). It was quite enjoyable and the breakfast I spoke of earlier was nice as well. The occassion was to announce the newest employees (yours truly included...plus 2 marketing people that have been hired since me) as well as announcing the new 3 people to make partner. It was great getting to put faces to many a name I had until recently only seen on obscure company phone lists.

The NY offices are very nice and I certainly enjoyed my time here. I take the Acela train back at 9:00pm, which should give me time to get dinner and see a little of NY, too. Woohoo.

MikeyC>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You suck>. I can't believe you have a job that requires you to work in D.C. and New York. Man, what a sweet gig. Do have have any gigs for people who don't know how to use AutoCAD because it's not on OS X ... yet?

Steak

Anonymous said...

What kind of college student doesn't have classes on Friday? Oh wait-- ha ha, the COOL kind. Hecks yeah!

Hope you checked out the Museum of Natural History. Oh, and DON'T feed the pigeons.