Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hey Jamie would you mind...

Spring and Autumn. Waxing and waning. Why does it seem so hard to level things out. One moment I have so many thoughts running about I just can’t write fast enough to catch them all. Another I sit and am at a loss for words. It does seem like the normal course for things, change. This is no surprise as history is full of change’s story.

Presently I am content to use this to my advantage. When I run out of things to say, I spend more time thinking, and reading. When I get restless and can no longer follow those trails laid out for me by author preceding me, I get out my pen and set forth on my own trails.

And so I approach all of life. When I can no longer stand being constantly surrounded by people, I sneak off for a bit of quiet. As the quiet becomes overwhelming, the closeness of friends becomes all the more welcoming. This principal appears to pop up everywhere I look. Whatever is at work here seems to be the heart of genuine solitude and fellowship. For now I guess I will simply say that I am definitely in the waxing phase. I’m finding it hard to put things in words. So for now I’m going to spend more time thinking and reading…


"...And I've got nothin to say..." Andrew Peterson

MikeyC>

2 comments:

Grant Randall said...

i like that a lot. i'm usually in a hurry to "get away", then in a rush to get back to society, and the fee like i'm feeding two beast not knowing which one fits me better. but i guess the away and home, the city and the country, silence and loud are a natural ebb and flow we must can welcome.

also, of all the quotes to use...

Grant Randall said...

(spelling corrected-sorry, just got out of bed)

i like that a lot. i'm usually in a hurry to "get away", then in a rush to get back to society, and feel like i'm feeding two beast not knowing which one fits me better. but i guess the away and home, the city and the country, silence and loud--are a natural ebb and flow we can welcome.

also, of all the quotes to use...