Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Updates

Hmmm…what to say.

It’s been over a week since I last updated. That isn’t good. As I had said in previous posts, I’m all moved into the new place. In the long tradition of the places I’ve lived either having names or giving them names myself, I’m going to take suggestions, on what to name this new place. You’ve seen pictures, but other than that…it’s a basement apartment in a brick building somewhere on T street in Washington, DC. In college I lived in Stephenson, then at Quail Creek. After college I moved in with some guys at the Lake House…sometimes the Lake House Resort. Leave some ideas in the comments section. Until I hear anything that makes me change my mind, I’m going to call it Tea House.

The move was an adventure. Two Saturdays ago was the actual move date. I got everything into the place, but spent the night at the Milster’s house so I could go to church with them one more time.

The following week was pretty hectic. I managed to get a few things put away, but with work it was slow going. Also that week (last week) I went to IKEA for the first time, and to Trader Joe’s grocery store for the first time. Other than that, it was mostly working and slowly unpacking.

This last weekend I had the place to myself, as Jen was out of town. Saturday I got up and went for a bike ride down to the Mall (where all the memorials are), and walked around a bit. Sunday I met up with the Milsters for burgers at their place and to drop my jeep off at their house. It will be nice not to have to worry about a car, but I’m a little nervous about not having a vehicle for the first time in almost 8 years.

Yesterday we had a bunch of people from the office over to the place to get rid of some beverages Jen had left over from her roommates Napoleon Dynamite/Going Away party. We grilled some burgers and hotdogs, and Sara my boss brought some chips and a great Mexican layer dip.

It’s kind of tiring trying to get all this out at once. I’m going to have to start blogging more often.

No comments: