Sunday, July 31, 2005

All I want is a worth while story

After church today I was reading some various poems by Linford Detweiler and I realized what my biggest concern is. That my life won't be a good story. Not that I desperately want it told to others, but that there won't be anything in it worth telling others.

Things I haven't done yet that I wish I would have:
1. Learned to play the piano.
2. Learned to play the guitar
3. Visited Europe
4. Saved someone
5. Figured myself out
6. Learned how to be charitable
7. Stopped making lists

P.S. I don't really know if any of this post is true. I just felt like typing it.

7 comments:

Grubesteak said...

Save people how? From a fire? Drowning?

~mike said...

I haven't figured that one out yet, just "saved" somehow...from anything. Well, I guess something somewhat substantial. Not just like, saved them from not putting a stamp on their envelope or something.

Like I said, I don't know if any of that is true. I was just kind of writing.

Grant Randall said...

save someone made me laugh out loud, sorry. i guess it could be fire or drowning, but of course i thought of the more evangelical sense...and the theological falsities in your comment (that i'm sure you're well aware of) would/are funny, if not so telling about poplular Christianity. now, if you mean leading someone in the right direction--you can be sure you have already done that several times over in your life already.

Alex said...

Gibran, remember the time you saved me from hammerhead sharks off the southern coast of Texas?

AK said...

I know what you mean Gibrizzle. I watched Spiderman 2 for the first time a couple of nights ago. It makes me want to put on a rubber suit and go save people and stuff. That would be be bodacious.

~mike said...

I'm laughing out loud at my desk right now at these comments. So funny. I liked the idea of putting save someone on there just because it is so ambiguous, and I totally agree with you grant.

~mike said...

P.S. For what it's worth, I'm still looking forward to some constructive criticism about the Gray bulb piece. Email me if you think what you have to say is inappropriate for the comment section or too long.