Monday, May 15, 2006

Changes

It's seems that anyone with interest enough to still be reading this blog deserves to have the following bit of information:

Over my lunch hour last Friday I had a follow up interview at another company. The possibilities over there are pretty exciting and after having taken this last weekend to pray, ponder, and repeat - I have decided to make a career change.

Not only will I be switching companies, but I will be altering my career path (if only slightly). I'll discuss in more detail later, but the new job will involve a more varied Architectural Engineering experience. I'll be involved with telecommunications, AV design, possibly security system design, and maybe some occasional in house acoustics jobs. Ultimately I will likely be taking on a project management roll and functioning as a sort of "jack of all trades" AE person. Could be fun. At any rate, I certainly won't be taking a cut in pay, the benefits are better, and the DC office is larger (offices in DC, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, LA, Miami, London, Madrid, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Seoul-Korea).

As I said, more details will certainly follow.
Mike

9 comments:

Amon said...

So it's official

~mike said...

Well, pretty close. I'm calling the other company today, and telling my boss wednesday. Then it will be O-ffical. Right now it is just D-ecided.

Mike

Grant Randall said...

Awesome. Any change to travel plans? Am I going to have to get the Sun Bear from teh Topeka Zoo to replace you? AND, any other chages? ; )

~mike said...

Nope. I'll still be available to stand around looking good in September, besides if you get a replacement sunbear, you'll have to watch out for all the berries and fish.

Patti said...

Congrats! Sounds like a pretty big deal

~mike said...

I think it will be a good learning experience. I'm looking forward to being able to try out more of my AE background and try something other than acoustics. Maybe I'll do this for a couple years and discover, no, it really was acoustics I loved. But at least then I'll know.

Alex said...

Congratulations, Gibran!!! Sounds like good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeet! Congratulations!

Amy Bushatz said...

You should definitely post more often. That's all.