Friday, May 05, 2006

Put some water on the Kettle...

...Let's just sit here and talk a little while.

Job update: Not much to report that I can mention on the internet. My company keeps on keepin' on. Supposedly I'm getting a promotion in June, so that will be interesting. They just hired someone to work on Audio Visual (AV) projects in DC. So at least there's another body in the office. Helps with the not slacking when there are other people around - no matter how well intentioned you are.

Church update: I've been switching services alot lately. I had been going to the 11:00 Union Station service, but I’ve also gone to the Saturday night Coffee shop service which is cool. Then last Sunday I went to the 10:30 Union Station service. I need to pick a service and keep going. The good news though, is that the reason I’ve been going to the different services is that I know people at each of them, which means I’m getting more plugged into the important part of the Church – Relationships. I owe most of that to the Small Groups I’ve been attending.

Small Groups: The Church History group is over, but I was glad to have been a part of that, and now I have an excellent book to go back and reread more thoroughly (you could say peruse if you wanted to use the correct definition). Narnia is going excellently. We are taking a “month off” but enjoyed discussing the books so much we are still going to meet twice this month to go over the two books we weren’t able to cover in the semester long group (Voyage and Silver Chair). In June we start Mere Christianity, officially making us Inklings Reloaded, Beyond the Lamp Post (Amazingly enough, I did not come up with that name). I’ve meet some great people at the Narnia group.

Meeting People: Yes, buried in the middle of this post is in fact the most exciting news…I met this really cool girl at the Narnia group. I don’t know how she feels about having her name on the internet, so I’ll just say that I’ve been extremely happy to spend time with her recently. Call me sometime and I can fill you in on a few more details, but only the details a gentleman can be expected to share.

Conclusion: Busy, check. Learning, check. Having fun, check. Challenging myself, check. Missing Lawrence and all those friends back in KS, sigh…triple check.

6 comments:

Alex said...

Oh, Gibran, you are adorable. I'm happy to see that things are going well. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gibran is BEYOND adorable; he's downright likeable (what the…!).

Regarding the job update; I find that sometimes, having another body in the office helps spread the blame -- I mean, the work!

Anonymous said...

Heeeey, I just thought of something!

[...]

Amazingly enough, the domain name inklingsreloadedbeyondthelamppost.com is not taken yet! Quickly now; let's get a placeholder page!

Okay, seriously; if you want to see a, ummm … -interesting- site, go to beyondthelamppost.com. beyondthelamppost.net is also taken, but it seems related. FYI, though, inklingsreloaded.* is available. Hope there are no crawlers gallivanting blog sites for domain name reselling…

~mike said...

what a wierd site!? They should definitely give me the domain.

Amon said...

what does the lampost have to do with harry potter? that is like storm troopers being connected to LWW

~mike said...

Which is PRECISELY why they should give the domain name to me. Maybe I can buy it from them when the hype of the new movie is over.