Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Drinkin' drink, Tastin' fruit

It's 8:02am, March 2nd, 2005, 32F outside. The sky is clear save for sparse wispy clouds. It's somewhere in between the rich blue of summer, and the sickly gray of mid-winter. Despite the chilly temperature outside the cafe window 9" away, I can feel the sun on my elbow. Sipping on a peppermint tea, I'm writing my first real update blog in awhile.

For those I haven't had a chance to talk to lately, I am still living with the Milsters. I plan to start looking for apartments sometime Mid-March or April. What else? I got a new bike, Cannondale - Adventure 400, and am looking forward to some good riding weather. I have been reading Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit which I will be finished with by Thursday. I bought Walden to start during some quite time this weekend. The only show I was watching regularly ended last week, Project Runway. If they have a second season of it (and you are into either fashion or design) you should check it out. Music wise, I have been listening to Modest Mouse a lot lately, though I just got Over the Rhine, Ohio, and am looking forward to sitting down and listing to that some evening. I'd also like to check out this Bright Eyes chap everyone seems to be kibitzing about.

I suppose if I ramble too much it becomes overtly selfindulgent so I’ll leave you with someone else’s words. This was on this morning’s Celestial Seasonings tea bag tag:
“Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit.” – Henry David Thoreau

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gibranimo,
I've visited the blog and bear (no pun intended) rave reviews. I pray that all is well for you in our nation's capital. Things are good in the bloody bean...working with kids again and have a couple other jobs. Here's to straight bringing some sober-minded midwesterness to the seaboard. Pax.
Alex

Anonymous said...

nice to see someone else's guilty pleasure was also project runway.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you were also watching project runway. guess who watched the marathon leading up to the final episode with me? of course, peaches, the fruitiest of them all. we both agree that you need to start dressing like jay. the minute i find an awesome head scarf i'm sending it your way.

p.s. i bet the "anonymous" comment was left by patti! tee hee.

Anonymous said...

Nope, that "anonymous" comment was not mine. I enjoyed Project Runway completely....with not a touch of guilt. :)

Patti