Thursday, May 19, 2005

<>

What do a bald spot, a grey wife beater, wild back hair, a big gold chain, and a play station pocket have in common. Nothing. Well, normally nothing, except that they all describe the guy who sat in front of me for the duration of this movie. Too my immediate right and left were people from my office, and a few people from RTKL, all dressed to go to the office after the 8:30am showing of Episode III.

This gives you a good idea of the variety of people this movie drew. Wow. It was certainly an experience.

As far as a movie review, see my comments in the Cold Roses post about reviewing things. Let it suffice it say that I felt it was better than Episodes I or II, and that I don’t remember much of IV-VI. I’ll admit there were some pretty freakin’ sweet scenes with Yoda in this movie. Slight spoiler: If you like the Yoda light saber fight scene in the second movie, you’ll love this movie. Dislike: The whole transformation into Darth Vader thing, somewhat cheesy. Also the scene where you see Darth Vader for the first time, as such, is a little anti-climactic.

5 comments:

AK said...

I saw slight spoiler and stopped reading....thanks for the warning. I am seeing it Fri. and/or Sat. (the "and" if I can drag Heather to it twice!!) Can't wait.....

~mike said...

well after you see it you will have to re-read to see if you agree with my comments. You might not.

Grant Randall said...

see review on steak's blog

have to say, vador was great. this is george lucas sci-fi, you have to allow for the cheese.

AK said...

The scene where Vader stood up, put out his arms and screamed "NOoooo!!" was beyond G. Lucas cheese. It was pure stupidity.

Grant Randall said...

i'm sorry Mizzy. i thought you were talking about your self in that first sentence : )