Thursday, May 05, 2005

Promiscuous Ponderings over Much Minutiae

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=promiscuous

I guess I haven’t written about work in awhile. Things are going well. I like what I do. The time in the office is broken up by going on site visits and attending meetings, and just when I get tired of hauling speakers and sound level meters around DC, I get a break to stay in the office for a few days working on reports and going over drawings. We just got a new handheld gizmo that measures wind speed and temp. It will help us know how much air is coming through vents.

I’m becoming much more comfortable in front of architects and other engineers at project meetings. A week ago I had to attend a rather high level meeting solo. The client is a law firm (that shall remain nameless) who is in the 100 most profitable privately owned businesses in the DC area. It's in the running with companies like Mars (the candy folk), and other big names. Any-who, around the table were: this company’s director of operations, the project manager from the architecture firm, one of the principals from the architecture firm, several admin people from the law firm, the construction manager, several other engineers, and a few people who I was never introduced to. All in all about 15 people. I had to sit there and advise them about the project. That was interesting, all these people (none of them under 40), listening to me. ok.

Our office moves mid-June into the new office space. It should be nice. The details are still a bit foggy, but I know for sure that we will have a roof deck, so saweet. More updates on that as they are available.

I have decided to make Lawrence my summer vacation this year, so I’ll be in town, tentatively, from May 29th through June 5th.

Lastly, I’ll try and write a brief uninformed review of Cold Roses tomorrow, so look forward to that.

Peace out all…
MikeyC>

2 comments:

Patti said...

Woo hoooo! Mikey's coming to Lawrence!

Alex said...

Wow, Gibran, you's all grows up. Very impressive. It's nice to see that you've taken time off from rubbing elbows with the bigwigs to to shoot over to Lawrence. I only wish I could be there to greet you.