Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Squeaky Pup & the Built Ballerina

As I was walking home from work yesterday I saw this built guy approaching me walking his tiny dog. He was wearing somewhat baggy jeans, a white undershirt (I just can’t bring myself to call them “wife-beaters”), and a pair of big ol’ Timberland boots. Mind you I didn’t notice this all right away as there was nothing to really call my attention to him.

Then right as we were passing the dog let out this shrill little yelp and my eyes snapped down to the sidewalk. This big dude with his bigger boots had stepped on this little tiny dog’s foot. Now, let me preface the following by saying that my very first reaction when I heard the dog yelp was to be concerned for it, definitely not a reaction of amusement.

Having said that, this guys reaction as the dog yelped was hysterical. He stopped short and jumped as though he had just stumbled across a rattle snake. I realize that blogging about this may be futile as it was such a visual thing, but I mean come on, just picture this big tough dude strutting down the street with a tiny dog, when suddenly…YELP, and he’s jumping like a ballerina.

Maybe I’m sick, but I was able to control myself until we had safely passed, and then I almost burst out laughing. For the sake of decency, and incase anyone around me saw the same thing and would have been offended by my laughing at a dog’s injury, I let a huge smirk/grin suffice. It stayed on my face the whole way home though as that scene replayed through my mind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you didn't get a picture? Argh.

~mike said...

alas, no picture phone.

Anonymous said...

was it a chihuahua?

~mike said...

nope, too hairy.

Patti said...

You ARE sick. I love it!

AK said...

Awesome. That reminds me of Steak. The too hairy part I mean....Nair?

Anonymous said...

you know they make long-haired chihuahuas.