Thursday, June 30, 2005

Rant-astic Four

1. OK. I wasn’t going to post today, but WOW. I don’t know how many people know what real estate prices in Manhattan are, but just for an idea they are more expensive than DC and a “hypothetical” 2 bedroom in DC is in excess of $1,800/month for rent. Then I hear that Cyndi Lauper, yes the Cyndi Lauper, is suing her management company because she’s upset her apartment costs $1,000 – she only wants to pay $500. What the heck? Admittedly the apartments in NY are under a system of rent control that is supposed to regulate how much rent can go up under a strict set of regulations; believe me, I really understand this. But come on! Who in there right mind complains about $1,000 for an apartment in NY? If you don’t like how much the rent is move somewhere cheaper, like out of NY.

(This is where the link to the story would have gone, but it was so long it screwed up the formatting. Sorry. Find a link, for now, at relevant magazine or google it.)

2. On a separate note, if you’re planning on being in the District in October you should go check out Lennon’s stamp collection. Yeah, that’s right. Apparently it’s so big it’s going to be on display at the Smithsonian National Postal Museum. I’m waiting for the National Gum museum, or maybe the National Water-Gun museum. I guess if you put Smithsonian National… in front of it and capitalize it all people will go see it. I mean, seriously I probably will and I don’t have any great interest in stamps. It just seems kind of cool. Sad, huh.

http://www.postalmuseum.si.edu/collection/3a2i_acquis2005.html

For more interesting news blurbs check out:
http://www.relevantmag.com/

3. While you are there check out some of the articles also. They have an interesting review of the new TV show, “Rescue Me” which I have not seen yet.

4?. P.S. Yes I really posted this at 7:40pm because I just got back from meetings in Baltimore an let me just tell you, when you have a penny pinching client who insists there must be someway to do stuff that pushes the limits of the code minimums, you know you are in for a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let me just tell you, when you have a penny pinching client who insists there must be someway to do stuff that pushes the limits of the code minimums, you know you are in for a good time.

Yep, I've seen that plenty of times. The cheapest clients with the willingness to spend nothing are the biggest complainers/changers of them all.

Good luck with that one.