Monday, June 06, 2005

Ketchup or Catsup?

Whew.

This is one of those blogs where I get to play catch-up since I slacked over vacation.

I just got back from Lawrence for Tim and Rachelle’s wedding. It was a fabulous outdoor ceremony and the rain held off until everyone had moved inside. Then, once everyone was safe there was a massive lightning storm that, in the flat Kansas landscape was, to quote a wonderful friend, amazing. In addition to the actual wedding, I had the preceeding week to see old friends, eat at the best Lawrence restaurants, have a memorial day barbeque, play some football, visit Clinton Lake, and even a few moments of rest and relaxation. It was about everything that could be hoped for in a vacation, and more than could be hoped for in seeing good friends. I may post a sort of post facto entry from something I wrote while chilling on Tim and Rachelle’s new deck.

Also, I just got back from lunch with my parents. It felt to good seeing both of them, and they even came bearing presents. I am now the proud owner of my very own tea infuser and a wonderful tin of “Hand Blended Cranberry Orange Herbal Tea” from The Tao of Tea (complete with rose hip, hibiscus, chamomile, orange peel and cranberries). I’m sipping some as I write this and it is splendid. Mom, Dad – If you’re reading this, good choice (oh, and thanks for the lunch as well, I hope you enjoyed the restaurant!).

Although I have tried my hardest to call my parents at least once a week I have occasionally failed and it felt really, really good to see them. It was a little odd to see them in DC since I associate them with St. Charles, but it was really nice. Now I can think of them being in DC as well as St. Charles.


Last things last. While in Lawrence I had a few moments to think and reflect which I don’t get as frequently here in DC. As a result of those moments of silence, the people I was privileged to be around, and the situations I got to be a part of, you may be subjected to a few rambling blogs in the near future that aren’t at all practical, sensible, or even interesting to large quantities of people. Should this happen, I apologize.

MikeyC>

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you Sunbear. Sorry we didn't hang out more.

Patti said...

Ketchup for shizzle.

Anonymous said...

When you gonna update your blog? Too busy drinking tea?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to see you...Ketchup for real...real men drink coffee black! Best auto drip maker...Cuisinart.

~mike said...

For some strange reason, until just now, I had never realized that Cuisinart was probably from Cuisine...Art. Huh. Guess I should pay more attention.