Sunday, March 20, 2005

2:43 am

That is what time you will arrive back at LaPlata, MD if you leave 1729 T street in DC at 12:45am. I know this because at 12:45 am I left the Napoleon Dynamite party at 1729 T street in DC and I, in fact, just got home. I am now writing this blog at precisely 2:44 am, and am sure that by the time I post the final product it will be at least several minutes later.

Which brings me to what the heck I was doing at a Nap. Dyn. party until so late. It turns out that Jen (the girl with the apartment from the previous blog) was having a going away party for her roommate and they chose to makeit be a N.D. themed party. So several people from my office, whom I know, were going; I thought it would be a good way to see the apartment; and so I chose to venture up to DC at 7:00pm on a Saturday night. It turns out that all their friends seemed pretty cool, and I really liked the apartment.

I don't know if I would say this place really qualified as a palce, but it was nice. It is in a pretty cool neighboorhood, and as I was walking there from the Dupont Circle Metro Station I saw more than one place that I thought would be cool to go and get something to drink while reading, or even potentially writing. I must say that I am starting to think pretty seriously about this. I think that people should leave comments on this blog to tell me their opinions. Not that I'm going to base my decisions on that or anything, mostly just that it would be nice to hear from people and this is a cheap way to get them to post something ;)

Any way, being 2:53 in the morning now and having to get up for church in less that 6 hours, I'm out.

.gibran.

8 comments:

Alex said...

Just a thought. In the big city, you cannot put a price on commute time. Location, location, location. You will be in my prayers. I hope it works out.

Anonymous said...

Mikey

Just some stuff to think about. Living with someone of the opposite sex? Good idea? Living with someone who you work with? What happens if there is a problem at work or in your aptment? Just stuff to think about.

Cory

Anonymous said...

That's a tough call. It depends; will there ever be a chance for temptation? Will this be beneficial for your spiritual life? Only you can make this decision. Personally, I don't see any problems with it as long as your walk doesn't suffer.

Anonymous said...

A Napoleon Dynamite party?? What the-- what? Maybe I would understand if I saw the movie. Or maybe that is just too funny... :D

Anyway, you're'a hafta show us some photos of this "palace". Tell me, though, that they didn't name streets in DC using single letters. T street? [...] Hmm, come to think of it think, though, if you happen to find something for rent at the intersection of P and T streets... you let me know... heh heh ;)

Grant Randall said...

WOW, this comment has nothing to do with this post, but i had to comment on missy's comment on the "drinking drink" post (that's lot's of comment in one sentance). you HAVE to start dressing like jay from project runway. head scarves, colored glasses, it's perfect.

~mike said...

First to Grant:
Thanks, I wasn't sure who anonymous was on that post...so it was Missy. That was my guess. Cool.

Secondly to those worried about the "opposite sex thing":
I have to admit, that was my first concern. I have thought about it alot, and in the end I'm not really worried. Jen seems like a very cool person, but I'm not attracted to her. We'll leave it at that. If you're still concerned. Call me and we'll talk:)

Thanks for all the comments, keep them coming!

~mike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~mike said...

Hmm...ok, so I actually went back and read Missy's post so now I see that grant was not refering to the anonymous post. My vote goes for patti as well then. Curious.

P.S. Anna, the daughter of the family I staying with said the first time she saw the show, "Hey [he] reminds me of you!" What the heck is going on here?