Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Offical First Guest

And the coveted title of First Guest goes to:
Erin Colburn of Columbia, MO!

Yup. For those of you who weren't "in the know", my sister was down here last week. She seems to have had alot of fun. We'll see next time I call her. I will hopefully have some pictures of that up soon, but then again who knows how long that will be.

It was fun having her out in DC. I got to go to lunch with her a couple times, and Saturday we went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore. It is in a cool building and had some neat exhibits. The dolphin show was fun as well. I do regret that her trip didn't happen after I started getting vacation time, but it was still great getting to have her down here.

Stay tuned for more news...

.gibran.

3 comments:

Grant Randall said...

i didn't know our sisters had the same name.

also, i've been hearing people say "down here" a lot. i think this is becoming universal. it doesn't matter if the person traveled east, west, or north to get there, people always say "down" here.

~mike said...

Some deep seeded desire to belong to a simpler, more down to earth southern culture, where everyone is always coming "down" to see you?

Maybe it is a subconcious need to believe that we are the ones that are grounded and everyone else is "away", and they need to return to being like we are?

Possibly everyone is depressed that the grass is greener every where else, that everyone else is somewhere better, somewhere "higher" and they feel themselves to be at the lowest rung of everything.

or maybe it's just coincidence.

More seriously, for me I thought about saying "over here" but for some reason "My siter came over here to visit" just sounds too much like she walked next door. "Down here" seems to indicate the distance better, or maybe "up here". Sorry

Anonymous said...

Man...your sister sounds cool :) I have it on good authority that she had a blast and is currently getting the pictures developed. Uh huh. :)