Wednesday, November 09, 2005


Dupont Fountain. These are a from a night photography safari I went on around the Dupont circle area Sunday evening. They are all "Full Frame, unedited shoots" for those that care. They were taken with my Canon Elph SD300 using varying long shutter settings. They were all taken at night, so the shutter lengths were on the order of 3 to 10 seconds. Fun stuff, and much easier to experiment with on a digital camera. I just bought some 100 and 800 ISO color film to try replicating some of this on my k1000 (SLR) so if you're lucky maybe soon you'll see some scanned copies of those up here. Enjoy. P.S. If you like them, leave comments and I can post more I took probably 40 pictures that night. Many are different versions of the same thing, but I have a total of about 4 "series". "Dupont Fountain" "At Dupont Fountain" "Traffic" and "Trees" Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

~mike said...

I'll start the critique of these:

First and foremost...none of these are final images. They are the raw product of shooting, unedited for contrast, balance, digital effect, etc.

For some reason I kind of feel a vegas vibe from this. I don't know why, but maybe I've seen a similar shoot of a vegas fountain and the lighting I ended up with seems vaguely theatrical. Maybe just overdone. Who knows.

Grant Randall said...

All i have to say is that i want a copy of this one. i didn't know you could do this. very nice.

Grant Randall said...

coudl be a nice wedding gift...mike's Images of DC gallary...